Common Signs of Water Ingress – How to Detect It

Water ingress is when water gets into an underground building. Any water entering a structure or your house is bad news. It can lead to costly and immediate structural damage as well as contribute to further and longer term problems. This includes extensive damage to the exterior or interior decorations, microbial decay, and water leaks that lead to mold build up. See This –

Why Water Ingress Is No Friend To Small Business

When water ingress occurs it needs to be repaired as soon as possible. There are several common problems you can have from water ingress, some of them very serious. These include the potential for a water pipe to burst open leading to massive amounts of water getting into the structure. Other common problems that can result from water ingress are the formation of mold and mildew in the home, roof leaks, or flash floods that can cause walls or entire buildings to break down completely.

If you see any of these common signs of water ingress in your home, you should call a residential waterproofing company immediately to have the problem fixed. Some of the signs you should watch for include having a puddle on the floor, damp floors, or having a musty smell around the home. A musty smell can indicate a faulty pipe, leaking appliance, or faulty venting system. In the case of a leaking appliance, a faulty venting system, or a broken pipe at the expense of fixing the problem can be extremely expensive and also incredibly disruptive to normal family life.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *